Council Woman Mungo’s office is still on the lookout for additional Parks Ambassadors for Pan Am and Lilly Park. If there is anyone that you would like to recommend for involvement, please feel free to forward this email so that they can complete our Parks Ambassador Interest Form. For any questions, don’t hesitate to contact my office team at 562-570-5555 or email District5@longbeach.gov.
Here is the agenda and information for the meetings:
Please save the date for Wednesday, September 12th from 6:30 to 9:00 PM at the Holiday Inn at 2640 N Lakewood Blvd, Long Beach, CA 90815 to discuss our community parks and how you can help guide enhancements, improvements and safety measures in the cherished green spaces you care about most. There are only 6 spots available for this workshop so RSVP as soon as you can.
- Welcome & Introduction
- The Full Scope of our Citywide Greenspaces:
- Parks Overview & Statistics
- Parks Budget & 2019 Updates
- Parks, Recreation & Marine Strategic Planning
- Technology & Innovation:
- Now: Go Long Beach & GIS Mapping
- Future: Smart Parking & Reservation Systems
- Friends of Parks Groups:
- Purpose & Goals
- Action Planning
- Group Facilitation & Formation
- Partners of Parks:
- Non-profit Mission & Partnership Opportunity
- Tools & Benefits
- Sowing the Seeds of Summer | Sept. 29th 5:30-7:30 PM
- Call to Action & Next Steps
- Final Comments & Questions
If you want to be a Park Ambassador for Pan Am Park please email or call Council Woman Mungo office at 562-570-5555 or email District5@longbeach.gov.
It would be great to see our neighbors step up and volunteer.